Google AdSense is a new, fast and easy way for small and medium sites to make money free online by displaying relevant, text-based, un-obtrusive ads from Google AdWords (Google's own advertising program) and receiving a share of the pay-per-click payment.
Because the ads are related to what your users are looking for on your site, the results can be much better than you'd earn from banner networks and many affiliate programs.
For now, AdSense is the best way to make money free online from informational sites even if there are no obvious related affiliate programs. But you don't need to disregard affiliate programs. You can combine both these ways to make money free online and double your income.
AdSense is easy to join, it doesn't cost you anything, all you have to do is paste a few lines of code into your pages, and Google does the work of finding the best ads for them from hundreds of thousands of AdWords advertisers. You can check the relevance of the ads by looking at the text ads on the right side of this page.
How to get started
* Go to Google AdSense...
* Fill in the application form and confirm an email that Google will send you. If you own several sites, you need apply only once.
* Google evaluates your site and will follow-up with you via email within 2-3 days (usually within 24 hours). If you're accepted, you'll be able to log in to your AdSense account.
* Log in to your account using the email address and password that you submitted with your application, and agree to the AdSense Terms and Conditions.
* Paste the AdSense ad code into your Web pages. There are 10 ad layout choices: 728x90, 468x60, 125x125, 120x600, 160x600, 120x240, 300x250, 250x250, 336x280, and 180x150. In addition to text ads, you have an option of running contextually targeted image ads.
You can choose the color palette from a long list of available palettes or create your own. You can even rotate your ads through up to 4 palettes.
The AdSense ad code is unique for your account and is not site/page-specific. You can place it on any page or site you own.
How to get the most out of AdSense
There are three obvious ways to increase your income from Google AdSense...
1) Increase traffic
Create more keyword-focused pages. See Building: Site Content: Finding Keywords for more information on finding the most profitable keywords.
2) Increase click-through rate
Use simple design with the AdSense ads displayed prominently. According to Google, ads in the skyscraper format works better (especially on the right side of the page). Focus to only one topic per page - that should make it easier for Google to serve up the more tightly contextual ads which means better click-through.
3) Increase the value of clicks
Of course, you can't do it directly. However, you can find some "expensive" keywords and create pages optimized for them, within your site's theme. These keywords are highly competitive and you'll unlikely get high ranking for them, but visitors will arrive from other "inexpensive" pages and click on Google's ads.
To estimate the relative value of a keyword, search for it on FindWhat. The search results page will show the cost for each listing.
*this blog is used for advertisement only